Ece Nada is an artist, curator, and researcher. She embarked on her journey as an artist toward the end of her bachelor’s degree in English literature. She is currently finalizing her MA in Comparative Literature, specializing in Critical Animal Studies. In recent years, she shifted the focus of her artmaking, curatorial work, and research from humans to nonhuman animals.
She approaches the representation and existence of animals in contemporary visual and textual culture critically. She works on discovering vegan and posthuman narratives and animal ontologies while problematizing anthropocentrism.
- The Other Wall, pre- (previewarts) , İstanbul/ Turkey (solo exhibition) 2018
- Unearthly Blockade, Kare Art Gallery, İstanbul/ Turkey, 2018
- Don’t Tell Me Stories, Bayan Yanı Gallery, İstanbul/Turkey, 2018
- ::rise||dusk , Hush Gallery, Istanbul / Turkey, 2017
- Showcase Exhibition, Camden Arts Centre, London / UK, 2017
- Open-Studio Exhibition, Slade Research Centre, London / UK, 2017
- Open-Studio Exhibition, Slade School of Fine Art, London / UK, 2016
An interview with Ece Nada on her first solo show “The Other Wall” & her art practice